Professor Michael "Mike" Morwood
Early on the morning of the 23rd of July, 2013, Prof. Mike Morwood, an incredibly highly regarded member of Centre for Archaeological Science, died.
A dedicated website has been developed and will be used as a memorial to Mike and the legacy he has left. Mike's memorial website can be found here.
- Qualifications: BA, MA (University of Auckland), PhD (ANU)
Key Research Interests
- Human dispersal and evolution, especially in Southeast Asia, Australia, and Oceania.
- The complexity of interaction between climate, people, plants and animals.
- Culture contact and change.
- Island evolution and biogeography.
- Ethnoarchaeology, especially the role of symbolic behaviours in indigenous communities and the potential of art as a source of information about past ideology, social interactions and material culture.