Professor Michael "Mike" Morwood
Early on the morning of the 23rd of July, 2013, Prof. Mike Morwood, an incredibly highly regarded member of Centre for Archaeological Science, died.
A dedicated website has been developed and will be used as a memorial to Mike and the legacy he has left. Mike's memorial website can be found here.
If you wish to contribute any anecdotes, memories, or photographs of Mike, please send them to Dr. Kat Szabo (firstname.lastname@example.org). We would love to hear especially from those who worked with Mike, were his students, or those who knew him well.
- Qualifications: BA, MA (University of Auckland), PhD (ANU)
Key Research Interests
- Human dispersal and evolution, especially in Southeast Asia, Australia, and Oceania.
- The complexity of interaction between climate, people, plants and animals.
- Culture contact and change.
- Island evolution and biogeography.
- Ethnoarchaeology, especially the role of symbolic behaviours in indigenous communities and the potential of art as a source of information about past ideology, social interactions and material culture.
Searchable Publication List from 1984